Thursday, March 17, 2022

Remember

Our martyrs in Yemen
 The strange winter storm has passed. But the cold remains. Yesterday and today the temp continues to hover around 3 degrees though the sun is shining very brightly. My knees and fingers are aching alot because of this unusual cold.

Today we recall the martyrdom of 4 MC sisters in Yemen who were brutally killed by ISIS 6 years ago. I tried my best to get the youngest one, Sr. Reginette, out to Israel but I was too late. It's a burden in my heart all these years and will be for the rest of my life. We remember their heroism in remaining to serve the poorest of the poor in Yemen. There are still sisters serving in Yemen. Pray for them. And support them if you can. PM me for details.

Today is also the jewish feast of Purim but the cold weather is keeping kids indoors, so I don't think it's as festive as it should be.

I still have a lot to do before the weekend, so I'll get back to work.