Sunday, March 13, 2022

Cold and stormy

Freezing
 It's been very cold the past 2 days. Rain and drizzle and though the temp is supposed to be 6 degrees, even the forecasters say it feels like 3 degrees. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be minus 1 and minus 2 degrees. Weather stations say the last time we've had minus zero temp for several days in a row ... was 100 years back. Its been so cold at night I can't sleep.

Last Friday I went to Tel Aviv after almost a year and a half. It was good to change the atmosphere. Some people there were still wearing masks ... like me. I had to renew my passport. But I lost my way and walked some 5 km to my destination. And it was raining very hard. I know the road along the beach well but because of the rain and strong winds causing the waves to smash into the parallel road, I decided to take an inner road. But it brought me further and further form my destination ... and it was the first time I was walking there. Anyway I reached my destination safely but cold and wet. Then of course I had to get back home 60km away plus a walk from the bus station to my house. No wonder I think I caught a cold now.

Storm in Tel Aviv
Yesterday a news break was announced by the Jerusalem Patriarchate ... the Pope has nominated 2 new auxiliary bishops for the diocese. Nothing surprising because the other auxiliary bishops are either retired or almost retirement age. 

I'll start stocking my room with warm blankets now. Need to prepare for the next 2 days. There'll be burst water pipes, electricity blackouts and hence no hot water or heaters.