Monday, January 10, 2022

Shadows

Shadows
 It's been 5 days since my last update on the blog. I was busy but not that busy ... the delay is due to an outbreak of corona in our main monastery. Today 23 are tested positive now. Since I lost my wifi connection in my house, I have to do all my online work in my office which is situated in the main monastery. But with the infection, I'm forbidden to enter that place. They are afraid I might catch the virus because I'm not vaccinated. Everyone there goes about in masks now.

Israel has reopened its borders and airport. Corona infections are way over 16,000 and the govt has given up controlling it. More serious cases needing hospitalisation are flooding hospitals. Experts are warning of a crash in the medical system. People like me who need non-corona treatment are put on the waiting list for 2 months. Well I hope they won't cancel my appointment for next week. I can't wait anymore.

Silhouette
Sunrise is late and sunset is early. That's winter. The shadows cast by the sun when the winter skies are crisp and clear, are amazing. Last week I saw the shadow of a bare tree on the wall of the Notre Dame Centre. Many people were there photographing it. Little marvels.

The weather is cold, as it should be. I turn on my 2 small heaters in order to stay warm. And a thick blanket in the night as I've been shivering the past few nights. I'm self-isolating before my hospital appointment so as not to catch the common flu as well. I must not compromise my health status now, otherwise my appointment will be postponed for another 2 months.