Monday, January 3, 2022

Holy Name

Fresh veggies from the village
 Yesterday I tried posting a blog but it could not be done. My blog blocked me from posting. So I'm going to try again today. 

Yesterday was cold and drizzly ... and today was still cold but it stopped drizzling. I've been having breathing problems for the past 2 days so I couldn't walk up to work. Our doorman drove me up to my office in his golf cart ... which was a good thing because the streets are very slippery from the drizzle. Once in my office, I had the heater turned on. My bones are aching because of the cold. The weather report says that the next 2 days will see more rain. That's good because we need the rain, but its a personal inconvenience for me.

One thing I noted was the amount of fresh vegetables being sold by the villagers and bedouins in the streets. They are exceptionally large and plentiful. That's a good sign because it means they are not expensive, unlike the processed foods which have shot up in prices. As I'm allergic to preservatives, I avoid processed foods and therefore safe on money. Fresh vegetables are my staple and I see this winter will provide me with cheap abundant food.

Despite the rising corona infection ... over 6000 yesterday ... Israel has just decided to reopen the airport and allow tourists to enter the country. It's plan is to head for herd immunity. Well that rules me out. Today being the feast of the Holy Name of Jesus, we invoke it to cast off the evil of this pandemic and allows us poor folk to live in peace and under the Holy Name's protection.