Saturday, January 22, 2022

Care pack

Huddling pigeons
 The cold weather continues will will dip further down tomorrow as heavy rains are forecast for the rest of the week. This morning on my way to work I saw flocks of pigeons huddling against the east wall of our monastery, shielding themselves from cold, wet winds from the west. Poor things. Like I said, Buddy and JJ are lucky they have a warm room to live in. I wonder if they know how lucky they are.

I received a care pack from the youths in Australia. So kind of them. There were T shirts and hot water flasks, and lots of toys for Buddy and JJ. Buddy was all excited and helped open the box ... and his favourite toy? The bubble wrap which he bit and popped. He can't get enough of it. JJ on the other hand is wary of anything new so he's keeping a distance till he gets used seeing them.

Buddy opening the pack
Covid infections have hit sky high but Israel is going ahead to live normal lives, as Japan and Singapore has decided also. I think that's the best plan, though the vulnerable must still be cared for. Certain measures must be taken to protect them.

Today we read from the news that masked jewish settlers attacked arab farmers, burning cars and injuring the arabs among other things. Read it for yourself.   https://www.timesofisrael.com/coalition-members-condemn-settler-attack-with-some-calling-to-raze-outposts/

I've just completed my work in the library and will soon walk 1km home. It'll be cold but I enjoy these moment of the outdoors. Hiding in my room for fear of catching Covid can be devastating on the mind and morale ... so it's little moments like this that I enjoy. Not being vaccinated due to my anaphylactic shock, I cannot go anywhere else, no shops, restaurants, shopping malls .... only the outdoors is permissible.