 |
| Heavy showers |
Last night a storm broke over the country and it's still raining today. Heavily. And temperatures have dipped to single figures. At times, gruepel and sleet were falling instead of rain. That usually is the start of snow. There's no thunder and lightening though. However the weather forecast says it'll only rain for the next 3 days. I'm trying to keep as warm as possible. As the sun sets at 5.30pm the sky continues to be bright red ... a sure sign of more rain tonight. Everyone is happy despite the inconvenience of slippery roads. We need the rain badly. The level of the River Jordan has dropped drastically after last year's 28 yr high. Well one thing for sure, some of us find this weather perfect for sleeping.
The rain hasn't stopped thousands of right-wingers to demonstrate at the PM's office yesterday night. They're afraid the govt will stop validating their settlements in arab lands, or stop expanding jewish occupation. It's a dreadful tragedy which no foreign country wants to get involved in.
 |
| Rain all day |
The diet that I must keep in preparation for my hospital appointment on Monday is weakening me. I'm allowed to eat only eggs or fish and a little rice or pasta. And that's one meal a day ... it should be several light meals but no one is cooking for me. And the medication is strong. I almost fainted yesterday on my way home. My legs felt like jelly and the 1 km walk home was beyond me.
Infections today have jumped to 40,000 yesterday. The prediction according to a newspaper report is 2 million in the next 2 weeks. Awful scary.
Well it's still raining heavily and I have medication at 7pm. So I'll try to sleep early. Haven't decided what to do tomorrow but one day at a time ... no use rushing too much into the future when it's raining and offers a great opportunity to sleep.