| Hot soup for sale |
But right now it's raining and the temp is dropping to zero again. The wind is quite strong too. many of us have caught a cold because our rooms are freezing despite our small heaters. Obviously they're not enough. We're all wearing our thickest clothes and still sniffling. I noticed many also are filling thermos flasks with hot water to bring to their rooms.
Drinking hot fluids does help in warming up the body. Typically in Israel, shops offer cauldrons of hot soup for sale. They sell for 15 shekels or so per cup. And they come in many flavours ... mostly vegetable. One thing I haven't had this winter is my annual sahlab. I did want to go out this afternoon but I decided not to. Perhaps tomorrow ... I need the walk.
The forecast is snow on Wednesday. I'll look forward to that. A blizzard is expected in the northern highlands.
There's been no major news in the country today. It's probably the cold. Nothing happens because everyone stays home.