Tuesday, February 16, 2021

No snow?

Heavy rain clouds this morning
The sky was very dark this morning and the temp dropped a few degrees. We're all expecting the snowstorm reported by all news media. But towards noon, the sun came out and shone brightly. All our hopes were dashed. It's now 4pm and the sun is still out though there're lots of clouds in the sky. According to the forecast it should be raining now. What a disappointment. Still things could change in a couple of hours ... things here change in a wink of an eye.

I went to the Clalit clinic for my appointment to get an antibody test. Luckily yesterday I made an appointment instead of showing up on a walk-in basis. The clinic was full but the doc let me in first because my appointment was at 9am. The nurse who took my blood was very good. I expected the usual pain but instead felt nothing. When I turned to look, a phial of blood was already collected and the nurse put a bandage over my arm and said I could go. Great experience. I'm hoping to be tested positive ... because I can get my green passport and can go to shopping malls, restaurants, gyms, churches with more than 10 people. Otherwise I'm barred from all these. Israel will reopen slowly this Sunday but anyone without a green passport cannot enjoy this privilege.

MC home made jam
I received a jar of orange jam made by the MC sisters in Nablus. The oranges were from their own garden. It was very nice. I ate some with my bread this morning. Delicious. Not too sweet as they know I'm diabetic.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. It's a Fast day so I'll be skipping lunch and dinner.  If it snows, then I'll be home studying. I don't intend to go out anyway. But knowing my luck, I'll be called out to do some emergency errand. That's penance.