Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Lunar New Year soon

Almond blossoms
The temp. has dropped drastically this afternoon. The cold front from Europe has arrived. Greece is snowing heavily ... and the cold winds have blown over to our region. By 4pm I had to turn on my heaters as I was shivering from the cold.

Yesterday I was terribly busy ... as was today. Being the first week of the month, I have to prepare the salaries of our workers for the past month. There's alot of paperwork to do: getting the tloush (salary slip) from the Human Resource department, backchecking on the hours worked, then cashing the cheque with the Finance department, putting the individual salaries into envelopes. It takes a whole day for this.

More blooms
The govt has decided to reopen schools in places where majority has been vaccinated. That's a wise decision. You can't keep the kids from school for a year. Parents need to go to work, not stay at home to watch their kids. Infection rates have fallen to 4000 a day ... that's good news. But the rate of mortality per day is rising. Scientists blame the mutant strains from Britain and S. Africa. That's scary.

I went to see my doc this morning. He said now that 3 weeks have passed, it's unlikely to find any virus (if I've had it) in y system so it's useless to do a swap test. Better to do an antibody check ... if I've had the virus, my antibodies would be high ... which means I'm immuned. well ... I hope so.

The New Year is in a couple of days. I'll have to spend Thursday with the chinese religious in Jerusalem. Then on Friday I'll have to prepare lunch for the thai and vietnamese seminarians. They're feeling very down because of the partial lockdown and they don't have a proper community to celebrate the New Year. I'll be busy cooking. Seminarians have huge appetites.