Thursday, February 4, 2021

Stromata

Monument to the Crusader
knights of St. John
 I'm still reeling from the fact that my Covid test result was lost. Unbelievable. Now I'll have to be double sure and make an appointment with a doctor and get it done with a clinic so it can be traced or that someone can be responsible for it. Anyway people who were infected told me after 10 days, I am no longer infectious ... so I can go out and without fear of infecting others.

The temp has dropped again and the sky is full of dark rain clouds. Forecast is stormy weather today and rain for the next 2 days. I hope so. Then I'll have an excuse to stay in my room instead of going to the other library to work. 

There's been a series of wild jackals attacking humans for no reason. Experts say it's a sign of rabies. Terrible ... as if Covid isn't bad enough. There are wild hyenas and jackals in the outskirts of Jerusalem but thankfully I don't go into those parts. Not a good experience being bitten by a hyena or jackal!  https://www.ynetnews.com/environment/article/S1hPckPeO?fbclid=IwAR1LCaUpeJlrk0IvqjACFuHz7h2PAjFr_PqDkkkqCd8RCIneyBkhT1-04W8#autoplay

Posted a photo of the monument to the Crusader Knights of St John who built their first monastery and hospital here in Jerusalem next to the Holy Sepulchre basilica. Later through the centuries they would become St. John's Ambulance and the Red Cross.

I have class today and several chores to do ... like going to the pharmacy and buying more medicine for the MC convent in Bethlehem. The Palestine authority apparently has run short of medicines and cannot provide the sisters anymore so they called me to help out. Am buying over US$500 worth of medicines and will transport them to Bethlehem when the lockdown is over.