Sunday, February 14, 2021

CNY day 3

Animal buns
 It's Valentine's Day but it's not celebrated here ... being a jewish state and the fast is christian. But it's the 3rd day of the New Year and early this morning, like all Sundays, I had a chinese vegetable bun for breakfast. The chinese sisters are very good at making chinese delicacies ... and I'm lucky to receive them! They made sesame buns in the shape of the animals of the chinese zodiac ... plus a porcupine! They also cooked a lovely lunch of rice and spicey spinach and sweet-sour chicken. So the New Year isn't so bad under partial lockdown ... I still get chinese food.

Though the weather was fine today, we're told a storm is coming our way by Wednesday. There's a heavy snowstorm in Greece and Turkey and it'll blow into our region by then ... and snow is expected. It's a bit late for snow ... many Spring flowers have already blossomed and the snow will kill them. The anemones in my terrace garden are blooming and the Freesias have budded.

I don't have classes this week so I'll get to sleep a little more. So I'm sleeping early and get more hours of rest tonight.