Wednesday, February 10, 2021

CNY soon

Clear blue sky today
Another busy day. The temp shot up to over 20 degrees today but the forecast for the next few days is another dip to 7 degrees. The New Year will be a little chilly. And that's ok .... it suits the season. Previous New Years, I remember there was sleet, snow and heavy rain. 

Well this year, Mandarin restaurant is closed. Ah Ling has gone back to Shanghai because the lockdown is not helping the F & B sector. For the past 15 years, I've always organised a Reunion Dinner for the Chinese-speaking community of religious and laity. This year ... none. The sisters and I will do a little home cooking. This year we're only 5 in number. However there're several Vietnamese sisters and seminarians ... all feeling homesick and their senior priest Fr Douan is sick and cold not organise a Mass and meal with them. So they hinted to me ... and being the 2nd senior asian priest in Jerusalem, I have to organise something for them. So this afternoon I went to the asian grocery to buy some stuff. Friday morning I'll be busy cooking lunch with the vietnamese ... and one thai.

Tonight I'll have to think over what I should cook ... and how to transport it 1km up to the little garden behind the library.