Sunday, August 2, 2020

Moonlight

Moonlight through my window
According to newspaper reports, last night saw the largest crowd yet to protest against the PM. There were 60,000 or so protestors throughout the country including 10,000+ around the roads surrounding the PM's house in Jerusalem. Police presence was massive as well. But thank goodness there were no violence. The rightwing opposers of the demonstration did not attack, and the police did not spray water cannons. On the whole it was relatively peaceful ... but the numbers speak for itself. Cities throughout the country held their own protests, many along bridges and overhead highways. As some observers have said ... it's not sure if this momentum will keep up.

5am this morning
While protests were raging in the New City, I was in bed watching the moon from my window. It's not quite full but it's so bright. A cool breeze was blowing all night which brought relief from the very hot afternoons. In fact it's so hot this morning I couldn't walk beyond the convent of M. Teresa' convent after Mass. I had planned to go to the New City to buy some vegetables but I couldn't go any further .... and I wasn't even outside the City walls.  I just walked home and drank lots of water. I then found out my left foot was swollen when I took my shoe off. And there was a very acute pain on the foot. Looks like I'll have to stay in my room.  

Sunday's are a lot more exhausting than weekdays. I have to wakeup at 3am to water the plants, then throw out the garbage before 4.30am; eat my breakfast at 5am and then clean my room, feed the birds and go to the armenian church for Mass. It's 40 mins of cleaning the church before Mass begins. This morning we had Annie read the 2nd reading in armenian. She was very good ... that's because she's a teacher at the armenian school.

I need to rest my left foot ... it hurts very much. And it's still swollen.