I'm feeling better than I did yesterday. Still walking distances or climbing stairs is tough on my heart and breathing. I get exhausted and breathless easily, followed by dizziness and disorientation. But I couldn't stay home this morning as there was urgent business to settle ... insurances, payment of salaries ... and picking up the 2 bags of stuff the chinese sister left at the FMM convent. It was midday when I reached the convent and it was very very hot. Luckily the sisters were at the door and welcomed me in ... chatted with some of the old nuns there who know me from way back in the '90s. Then it was an 800 meter walk home with the bags. I was utterly exhausted when I got home.
 |
| Today's lunch |
After 45 mins of lunch and rest, I had class online. And after that at 4pm I had to rush off to M. Teresa's sisters convent for conference, adoration and confessions. Ended at 7pm and got home ready to sleep ... no dinner. But during lunch, I had leftover rice and pieces of chicken with spinach and beans. It got me thinking how lucky I am to get food to eat during this lockdown and economic collapse. Many families go without normal meals ... most of the time just eating bread and cheese to stay alive. How grateful we have to be, instead of complaining of the misfortune. My lunch was a mash-up of leftovers but it was more than many families were having today. Count your blessings. Leftovers are a blessing.
The corona commission has pushed for a lockdown during the jewish holidays of New Year, Sukkoth and Yom Kippur ... but got roundly rejected by the rabbis and the PM who needs the rabbis' support. The national security chief on the other hand wants a total lockdown. New infection rates remain at 1700 a day and this nightmare situation is not getting any better if politics and religion continue to interfere with medical needs. Israel is not getting a good name internationally for virus control ... but it doesn't seem to care.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/SJvnUf2zv
All this seems to be overshadowed by the elated hopes of israelis travelling to the Emirates now that normalisation of ties is on the way and direct flights are scheduled. I really don't know what to make of it. All I can say is "go cautiously" ... it's uncharted waters.