In a surprising turn of events, there has been no demonstrations or clashes at the Gaza border for the 3rd Friday in succession. Reports say that the Gaza and Israeli goats are holding talks ... possibly also of exchanging prisoners. This could spell a new beginning and calm the tensions in the northern border as well. Let's hope for the best.
However local arabs have been targeted by israeli extremists again, burning cars, destroying property and defacing with graffiti. It happened last week to another village.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/car-torched-graffiti-daubed-in-suspected-hate-crime-in-palestinian-village/
 |
| 14th Station at the Empty Tomb |
Today I had a full-activity day ... starting with class and then accompanying the seminarians of the Patriarchate to visit the Holy Sepulchre. It was a fruitful trip and I hope that the seminarians learned something. I got them to join the daily procession as well ... and they had the chance to enter the Empty Tomb and also touch Mt. Calvary. The Friday Way of the Cross was crowded with people. After this excursion, I had to go to a hotel quite far from the City to visit a group. Yesterday I had Mass for another group because their priest couldn't make it. I could take these engagements gladly if not for the terrible pain on my right shoulder. It's been 3 days now and it's so painful I cannot even sleep. I might have to resort to painkillers now.
And the annual event of shark swarming is back in the headlines. With the winter cold, sharks begin to gather around the Herzliya power plant where warm water is pumped into the Mediterranean Sea. Most varieties are not dangerous to swimmers ... but there're now hammerhead sharks who can get temperamental. People have been warned not to enter the waters during dawn and dusk.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-sharks-have-returned-to-the-warm-waters-off-the-hadera-power-station/?fbclid=IwAR1IU22-86weFBJPT0VAJ32G-vapaSM-n1XH5vd71OiiMYcm0GIEY5P4DW4
And if you didn't believe me about the butter shortage in Israel ... read this
https://www.janglo.net/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=display&catid=99&tid=476665&fbclid=IwAR0Nfv-BhKAtB5KWTARbQJxfBmJklir-roNGJk9Hg_6WXIOR383Ay49W0CY