 |
| Sunny cold day |
Russia has waded into the israeli-syrian tit-for-tat bombings by exposing the operational details. That means Russia is seriously upset. I wonder where it'll all lead to. An escalation is the last thing everyone wants.
There was a raid into a muslim school inside the Al Aqsa compound yesterday by Israeli police. Students and teachers were escorted out of the building and school was closed for the rest of the day. Several arrests were made ... suspects of a terrorist movement using the school as a hideout. Tomorrow is Friday and we'll see if there'll be big scale demonstrations against the US recognition of jewish settlements inside Palestine, and the incursion into the muslim school. I don't look forward to anything violent as my door is along the road that's usually the venue for such demonstrations.
Locally a 3rd election is looming as no single party has succeeded in forming a coalition govt. Well let's hope for the best.
 |
| Seminarians in class |
Weatherwise the day is sunny but cold. No winds though. I had to walk to Ratisbon which is 2kms away for a meeting at that school. It was a pleasant walk though strangely I've not seen any birds anywhere. Could it be the cold? I did have several jobs to do this morning ... and I had to quickly get them done in various offices because Thursday morning is the only time I am free. At 1pm I start classes with some latin american seminarians and then at 4pm to 7pm I'll have Mass and Bible conference with the MC sisters. Not as hectic as the previous days and weeks but nevertheless tiring. I'm not young anymore and I've noticeably slowed down alot. Multi-tasking is out.