Thursday, November 14, 2019

Ceasefire

Mass in the Empty Tomb
last Saturday
There's a ceasefire declared this morning ... and there's general calm ... though we hear reports of missile sirens sounding in southern parts of Israel still. Israel had retaliated with several bombings ... killing a jihadist chief in the process. 22 others have been killed including children. On the israeli side .. no deaths but 2 injured. I doubt Gaza with remain silent for long. Let's see if this ceasefire will last.

... and news just in ... the ceasefire was broken because Gaza fired 5 rockets into Israel. Let's see what will happen tonight.

It's another work day but I took it slowly since I didn't have morning class today. Celebrated Mass at the FMM convent for the filipino group led by our alumna.Then it was 2 meetings ... almost 3. Then work in the library followed by 2 hr class and 3 hours of eucharistic adoration, bible conference and confessions at the MC convent. Not as hectic as in previous days ... but nevertheless tiring as I haven't rested in 10 days.

Received news last night that not only are christians being slaughtered in Syria .... 2 armenian catholic priests were killed by ISIS as well. Then a new wave of attacks on christians in Iraq as well. The terrorists have regrouped and restarting their evil. When will the world stop them?