 |
| Full moon |
It's war. Early this morning Israel bombed and killed Jihad chief in Gaza and also bombed another Jihad chief in Damascus. Jihad has declared war and since 9am rockets have been fired into Israel from gaza. Friends in Tel Aviv took photos of missiles flying overhead. Some have crashed into roads and a house was destroyed ... injuring an 8 yr old child. The whole country is on red alert. All offices and embassies and institutions are closed from Ashdod near Gaza all the way up to Tel Aviv. The IDF is ready for an escalation of attacks. So far Jerusalem has not been affected ... but for sure military presence will be upped in a few hours. The next few days will be crucial.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/islamic-jihad-declares-were-going-to-war-after-idf-kills-its-strongman/
 |
Bedouin hawker in the early morning |
As the country prepares for war situations ... public bunkers are opened ... here I still continue with my work. Was up at 2.30am to prepare for 8am class with the African missionaries. Finished at 12pm and went to the libraries to catch up with a week's work that I could not do. Afternoon class with the S. African students has been cancelled so I have time to finish the backlog of work. Then I hope it's an early night's sleep for me.
Our alumna from the Philippines has arrived with a group of pilgrims. Since they have no priest, I go to their hostel at the FMM convent to celebrate Mass every morning. I hope the rising tensions won't lead to road blocks so I can't go there.