 |
| Canaanite tunnel |
It's Monday and there is no words to express how exhausted I am. Woke up at 3am to prepare for class. Then immediately after it was work in the library till 8am when I went to teach at the White Fathers' Sabbatical programme. At noon I rush home for half an hour lunch and then off to the other library to work till 3pm. Then it's an excursion to the Gihon Spring and the Pool of Siloam ... 1km at the lowest valley in Jerusalem. There is a Canaanite tunnel which leads to the Spring and it's very steep. It's an 80% angle. Climbing up and down was tough. Walking home uphill at 6pm was the ultimate test ... I was too exhausted as it was, and I had an asthma attack. People older than I were supporting me to climb uphill. They were very nice and caring. I made it to the Wailing Wall and felt much better on flat land.
The violence in Hong Kong this morning is unprecedented. There is no turning back. Now that the sanctuary of a church has been broken and live bullets are freely fired ... it is the end of the freedom Hong Kong once enjoyed.
 |
| Night crowd at Damascus Gate |
In Gaza a brother self-immolated in protest as he could not care for his younger sibling. Both slept in the streets and had no food. The Hamas govt nor the Fatah govt won't help. Their corruption is wonton and they don't care for the people. This travesty must be addressed. If only the 2 bothers knew how to go to M. Teresa's sisters for help ... for food and clothes. Such a pity.