 |
| Fresh crabs! |
There is a lull at the borders both north and south today. And there were no clashes in our streets. It's quite a relief. I don't think I can handle another clash. All these tensions are tiring me and there're moments when I just feel like leaving.
It's Friday and this evening I went out to buy bread for tomorrow's breakfast. Seafood were again sold and being evening, it was going cheap. 3 kgs of anything for 50 shekels. I was tempted to buy some crabs and squid but realising I have no time to cook, I decided not to buy any. But one fine day I will. There were many indian and filipino migrant workers buying at this cheap price. It's affordable for these workers who are used to eating seafood back home, but here is expensive and rare to find because its not kosher.
 |
| Students taking photos of notes |
This morning I finished teaching my course at the Sabbatical programme with the African missionaries. It was fun and there were several very bright participants who ask intelligent answers. One thing about modern students ... they don't take notes. They take photos of what I write on the whiteboard. Times have changed. I'm hoping to rest next week ... but we'll see. Work is continuously piling up and the last ting I need is a backlog.
The weekend has started. I'll sleep early as a reward for a job well done.