Monday, August 19, 2019

Tense

Mounted police at the Waldorf-Astoria
hotel
There's been a rash of stabbings and stabbing attempts this last week. Several days ago about 300 m from my house a policeman was stabbed by 2 teenagers. Today an attempt was made in the city of Hadera by the Mediterranean Sea. Now police presence is heightened in and around the Old City. The Mounted Police is almost everyday making its rounds. The horses are enormous and just one kick from it will kill you. When I have to walk pass such a horse, I always make sure to walk in front of it. An unexpected back-kick will definitely end my life.

The hot summer sun continues to beat down on us but the nights are cool and mornings are so humid there is dew on the ground. My early morning walk at 5.45am to the Ivrea convent for Mass is quite chilly and I might have to wear a light hoodie jumper tomorrow.

Walked to work this morning but coming home at 12pm was too much ... I was giddy and nauseous. Had to rest for several hours and skipped lunch as I felt I'd vomit everything out. And my left ankle continues to hurt badly.

News is out that there might be a rebellion in Palestine as people are becoming impatient with the corrupt government. Well definitely something has to e done to change the decades long festering wound in palestine. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5571576,00.html
But at the same time, Gaza is seen as a volcano waiting to erupt. Definitely not good news for the arab states nor Israel. https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Palestinian-factions-warn-Gaza-is-a-boiling-volcano-599071