 |
| Evening traffic |
The sabre rattling in the northern border diminished substantially when Lebanon declared that it doesn't want a war with Israel .... however some form of military response was necessary to show that Israeli bombing of Beirut was not acceptable .... so a "calculated" attack ( meaning symbolic) will be launched. Israel is ready for it and has put the army and airforce on standby. Also in the south, Gaza is torn by internal struggles as 3 policemen were killed by bombs of rival islamic rebels. The Gaza govt has started mass arrests of its citizens believed to be linked these rival groups. With this internal struggle, Gaza has no time to engage Israel in a war. And all that works for us.
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5576952,00.html?fbclid=IwAR02yFIITvZpuPWHDR0warqfaFCmxhuQEE9Ydhs8T27BmLw4Eeq9ZK8p7RU
 |
| Sunset at Ecce Homo |
Last night I had to go visit a korean group guided by my former classmate from 30 yrs back. The wind was strong and cold ... and I walked out to the convent where they lived. It was very refreshing having the wind blow in my face ... I had locked myself in my room all afternoon because I had a terrible headache and nausea. So I slept for almost 6 hours. I had to stop at Palm Plaza to rest as I was too dizzy and nauseous. But meeting my classmate, a korean nun who's almost 80 yrs old, was great. She brought a lot of ginseng and korean seaweed, insisting that it's good for my health.
As the school year begins, already a storm has stirred in the Israeli teacup. A school book teaching jewish kids about freedom and democracy spoke about freedom to choose to travel on Sabbath ... and the book was immediately recalled. The ultra-orthodox will have nothing of that ... all travel is forbidden and they're making sure everyone else is going to obey the law.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israeli-schoolbook-recalled-for-reference-to-traveling-on-sabbath-1.7761528?fbclid=IwAR0smBG9UvZ20G9iAVTDQDqZQXF0YWNsqpKgOM2-QIU0cIQLnb3dZu8QkZM
And the super-hyped move of the US embassy to Jerusalem just fizzled out .... no one notices it anymore, totally forgotten and no one talks about it .... until today. The embassy wants to build a massive 15 foot wall around it's property for security ... but it will block the magnificent view of the Dead Sea for the high class residents of that neighbourhood. They've now gathering to stop that wall. So instead of the rave the US and Israeli PM thought about the move ... they've got enemies now. And they're not arabs.