![]() |
| Demolition work at Damascus Gate |
Nonetheless work goes on ... feast day or not. Was back and forth from both libraries twice in the fiery heat of the sun. One thing good was there was a cool breeze blowing in the morning and that made walking outdoors alot easier and bearable. At least once I reach my workplace I get to enter indoors. I was wondering how the demolition crew could work in the heat .... they've demolished the stepped garden on the eastern side of Damascus Gate. I see they've flattened it out and paved cement to create a walkway. The dust and heat over there is terrible.
![]() |
| Buddy reads a book |
Between work I've had more free time than on usual school days ... so I spend more time with Buddy my conure parakeet and JJ my white cockatiel. It's a great time bonding with them and they love to play and play and play. In fact I can't do any work when I'm with them. They're my best companions. Today being a feast day I spent a little more time with them. It was fun.
That aside, it's Friday and the usual Friday protest at the Gaza border took place. Reports say 6000 were there protesting against the Israeli soldiers on the other side of the border. Then internally within Israel, another implosion occurred when ultra-orthodox jews attack conservative or other progressive jews praying at the Western Wall. It happens every full moon when they gather there to pay to start a new month.
Yesterday Jordan closed down the sanctuary of the Tomb of Aaron because jews from Israel came to pray there. I really don't see why they can't pray there if they are not there to claim the place. https://www.timesofisrael.com/jordan-closes-holy-site-to-visitors-after-jewish-group-prays-without-permission/

