Saturday, July 6, 2019

Weekend

Torch lilies
It's the weekend again. There's no news of riots and violence from the jewish ethiopic community ... so that's good news. The police presence in the Old City was high .. being the Sabbath ... but nothing extraordinary. No mounted police so that's a sure sign things are calm. However things were different at the southern Gaza border. some 7000 gazans protested at the border and the altercation with israeli soldiers led to 40 being injured.

The hot weather continues to beat down on us and I've been having dizzy spells all day. Quite bad. I don't want another heatstroke but I still must go to work ... which means walking the 1km uphill in this dreadful heat. I drink a lot of water in order to cool down, but I still have these dizzy spells. Yesterday evening on my way home I saw torch lilies on sale at our christian florist. They had no perfume but I thought they were unique enough so I bought 4 and placed them at our Madonna statue in the refectory. They look exotic. And the night jasmine in the courtyard is blooming profusely. In the night its strong perfume covers the entire courtyard and reaches up to the 2nd floor of our house.

So there was an outage in Facebook images. I was wondering if my fb was hacked again. That's a relief.    https://www.businessinsider.com/facebooks-photo-outage-reveals-how-ai-sees-your-photos-2019-7?utm_content=buffer2b1ec&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi&fbclid=IwAR1lWGAMRHiWj00KfTAaKUpgtk5Eh2EmCnj-lQl7ptCP79WHijFz3wolFs8

It's the weekend. I'm hoping I'll get a good rest.