![]() |
| Bread vendor at 5am |
The nights are crazily chilly ... while the days are quite hot. It puzzles the mind how such a change can take place each day. As I go out to celebrate Mass at the Ivrea Convent at 5.45am, I can feel the chill in the air and actually this morning there were people wearing sweaters. What I like when I go out each morning is the smell the hot fresh bread as the bakeries bring out their ovens, and the smell of the cypress trees. It makes it feel like summer. And the sun rising at 4am (3am solar time) is so special .... I wish I could just wake up with the sound of the waves and the smell of the sea in Jaffa. That would be a perfect summer.
![]() |
| Rain clouds tonight |
Meantime several thousand people protested in Tel Aviv because the police have banned all summer music festivals throughout the country. The reason being it's an occasion for drug trafficking and consumption. Many people are very unhappy. Me too ... cos being a cheap I do stand on the surrounding hills watching and listening to concerts free-of-charge during the hot summer nights. https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-20-000-israelis-protest-in-tel-aviv-over-nixing-of-music-festivals-countrywide-1.7541909?fbclid=IwAR07uIs52MiyliCzC1lhIaozILqC7R7U-qNr5b9BMJMGn-ZuFSw7qQ6rB54
And at the Gaza border there were almost 100 people injured due to riots and protests ... the usual chaos every Friday. However that's not our fear. What really troubles us is a coming war up in the northern border with Lebanon because the US sanctions on Iran is hitting hard and Tehran will retaliate by getting its proxy Lebanon to attack Israel in order to put pressure on the US. It's complicated ... like everything else in the Middle East. https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/97-palestinians-including-paramedics-journalists-wounded-in-gaza-border-protests-1.7542391?fbclid=IwAR2OeNzC8DPEHaApF7YdRLqgFSCwCnGOzhqyyzcqslZo6IF6KmnIT7Dyfd4

