![]() |
| Umbrella shade at Nahalat Shiva |
No change in the weather ... scorching hot during the day but chilly in the nights. Solomon street in the Nahalat Shiva neighbourhood has it's iconic umbrellas up and every tourist and most locals stop to take a photo. It's quite a sight.
We've started cleaning the library ... which is 5 floors high and occupies 3 buildings. I've got extra help as the Dean recommended. So far today one floor was done. Another 4 to go. I was so exhausted I fell asleep at 6pm and woke up at 9pm because I was hungry. Missed dinner. And talk about missing ... the past 3 days have been utterly confusing as I cannot get the day right. It started already last Tuesday but it's getting worse. For example yesterday I woke up knowing it was Sunday so I had the Sunday Mass. But by 10am I was convinced it was Saturday ... and after a few reminders, I slowly realised it was Sunday ... only to confuse it with Saturday again in the evening. Don't know what's wrong ... I've been eating a banana every morning so I should have potassium and magnesium in my blood. No reason for the lost of memory.
Some very interesting news ... if you're an archeologist or like history: the slope outside the Last Supper Room has been excavated and the head archeologist claims it's definite evidence of the 1st Crusader attack on the muslim occupied Jerusalem in 1099. That would make it the first ever physical remains of that event ... which appears to be a moat and some fortress walls. For sure the muslim residents will not be happy about this discovery. https://www.timesofisrael.com/first-evidence-of-crusader-siege-from-july-15-1099-uncovered-at-old-city-walls/?fbclid=IwAR13DHJJs74rzBPnEdTbPirSLHHtE7P70CQt9_oVA0dRbpfnPsOdd8eF_-w
Tensions are rising as the Israeli army sends more troop to the Gaza border. Let's hope nothing serious will result.
