 |
| Sunrise at 4am |
It's Sunday and I decided 100% I will not go toward. Need a break and time for myself. My room has not been cleaned for 2 weeks and I wanted to attend to it. So it was a slow day ... woke up at 4am as usual as the muezzin had started singing in the mosques. I bought 14 submarine loaves for breakfast for the community. It was cheap ... one shekel each. There are 5 of us at home now plus 3 nuns but since the loaves are sold in packs of 7, I had to buy 2 packs. It was a nice break from eating the same type of bread which are kept frozen for weeks.
 |
| Rain clouds this morning |
Then there was Mass at 7am and then room cleaning till 10am. After that I went to buy weekly necessities while it was still not so hot. Coming home at 12pm was bad ... it was very hot and I became very dizzy. Almost fainted along the way. It's so strange because only at 5am the ground was wet with dew and red rain clouds were floating over the City.
There's been a wave of anti-arab vandalism in arab neighbourhoods ... and it affected christians because the villagers of Jish are all christians. Jish is ancient Gishcala where St. Paul's parents came from. Possibly St. Paul himself was born there before moving to Tarsus. Christians are not protected.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/vandalized-cars-graffiti-israeli-arab-town-hit-by-suspected-hate-crime-1.7541377?fbclid=IwAR37kFVRCmVHc2TP_ADDpP7Fvg1-28MY3Hr5Jv4KUBe5pTOBMfQ0k6BDTwo