 |
Police standing over the site of the attack |
Yesterday a 16 yr old arab girl was shot and seriously wounded after allegedly brandishing a large knife in an attempt to stab some soldiers at Damascus Gate. It was around 7pm and I was about to go out to the other office to pick up 140 books. The City Gate was closed and I couldn't go out. Another guy from our house went out jogging and was just half a minute prior to the attack. As he turned off Damascus Gate to start his run, there were gunshots behind him and he saw the girl collapse. That shook him up and he vowed never to go out jogging again.
Well after an hour the Gate was re-opened and I managed to get to my office. 140 books are heavy and I realized I couldn't carry them alone so I called a seminarian from the White Fathers to come and help. Luckily he's a big strong chap so he carried all 140 books by himself and brought them back to my house.
 |
Red Bottlebrush tree and white 7 sisters roses at the Park |
Just had a call from a good friend Sarah, an Israeli doctor at Hadassah Hospital. Haven't heard from her for some 2 years now. She called inviting me to her neighborhood that's organizing an ecumenical prayer breakfast which of course I'd love to go and help. But first she remembered my 2 moles on my face which she noticed 2 years ago and insisted I go to get it checked because it looked like melanoma. I didn't go of course so she called now to insist that I get it done. She even offered to pay my transport and medical fee ... and she arranged the head of department (dermatology) to see me. So I guess I really should go, but I'd pay for everything my self. It's not right to accept her offer as she's done so much already to arrange for this checkup.
The weather has warmed up quite a lot and the forecast is hot hot hot this week. I dread having to climb up the hill to work in this weather. I still feel giddy and this weather is not helping.