Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Nablus Road Open Day

Rubbish strewn in Sacher Park
When all the festivities of yesterday has fizzled out as people return to their daily lives.  Netizens have however posted photos of the parks and Squares where festivities were held yesterday ... full of garbage. No one bothered to throw away their own garbage in a dustbin. I think today should be called National Clean up Day.

Ultra-orthodox jews who do not submit to Zionism nor the State of Israel - they believe the State should be founded by the Will of God through the Messiah - burned the flag of Israel yesterday. I'm glad Resident Rivlin brought this up in his speech to the nation. He said that jewish infighting and division will be the downfall of the jewish people. http://www.timesofisrael.com/group-of-ultra-orthodox-jews-marks-independence-day-by-burning-israeli-flag/

Meantime more divisions in Israeli society ... this time on the economic front. Jewish tour agencies are getting upset by the govt. enforcing a ban on more and more tourists who defer from Israel's policy on the settlement, or support the boycott movement or simply staying overnight in Bethlehem. This has let to many cancellations in hotel bookings ... and restaurant bookings ... for a start. Not good for the economy of Israel.  http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.786494

Nablus Road Open Day poster
I have been having this acute pain in my right jaw since yesterday afternoon. I thought it was a toothache but as I had a sleepless night due to the pain, I grew slowly aware that it must be the inner ear. The pain is extremely acute and this morning I lost my balance twice. It's so painful I have to close my right eye. I'm not sure if I should see the doctor because I don't have insurance. It will be very expensive. But I must get well because I want to visit the Nablus Road Open Day. Last year it was organised and well participated. Churches, hotels, institutes along Nablus Road opened their doors to host cultural events, tours and stalls ... neighbours getting to know neighbours. This year more institutions are participating. It's going to be fun ... but I must get well first.