 |
| Dawn at Tel Aviv 4.30am |
So it was a long weekend .... celebrating 2 masses 100 km apart. I managed to stop by Jaffa to sleep as the Mass in Netanya ended at 9pm and the 1 hr ride to Jaffa became 2 hrs because the driver lost his way. It was too late to get back to Jerusalem so I decided to spend the night at Jaffa. It was a good choice. The sun rises at 4.30am (3.30am solar time) and the golden glow over Tel Aviv across the bay is amazing.
 |
| Sprained wrist |
I spento the morning sleeping as I needed it very much. Afternoon was doing some chores for the community in Jaffa. Found a car to bring me home at 6pm but the Chinese called to insist that I stop by for dinner .... they made dumplings. Ate 30 of them as I was very hungry .... I didn't eat all day because of the 1.5 hr journey back to Jerusalem. The IBS is one major problem for me traveling.
Anyway after dinner I walked home. When I reached Palm Plaza near Damascus Gate, I met the community of Ecco Homo sisters - all 6 of them - on their way home. Decided to walk home with them through Damascus Gate (I usually ago home from Herod's Gate 500m further east). At 10pm hawkers were still in the street selling fruit and vegetables. Along the grimy steps I slipped on some grapes ... sprained my right hamstring again, my back and right wrist. And left ankle. The sisters practically carried me home.
Today it's all pain and swelling. Bound whatever I could with bandages and guards to keep the swelling down. But still have to go to work .....