Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Exhausted

Fabrizio and Sissy helping to pack
the books
Unbelievable morning. I went 2 kms up to Clalit Center to get the books that an institution donated because it was moved to a smaller premise. The directors offered us the whole library - specialized in Judaism and christian relations. Very good collection. But on the phone I had the impression it was some 15 boxes. When I reached there, it was some 50 boxes that were not yet packed!!! With only Fabrizio and Sissy to help me pack, we then had to move the 50 boxes down 10 floors and wait by the roadside until the van came to pick us up and back to our library. In one word: exhausted. My back and hamstring are hurting very much now.

Yesterday Germany was the latest victim of an attack ... this time on a train. Europe is falling apart bit by bit. Brexit was Britain's answer to open borders and free entry to terrorists. What next? Fraxit and Gerxit next?? Greece has a million more refugees ... and certainly hidden terrorists among them ... but there has been no attacks in Greece. Greece is just a transit point, you say? I think there's something deeper than that.

Anyway it's Tuesday and tomorrow we'll be in the middle of the week. I'm hoping to get a break ... at least for the day ... to walk around the City but I just got several messages saying I have appointments from morning till evening. So much for summer holidays.