![]() |
| Ultra orthodox jews returning home from Sabbat prayers |
On the way home I was struck by the typical Sabbat scene at Damascus Gate ... families of ultra-orthodox jews returning home from the Wailing Wall after morning prayers.
The news on everyone's lips is of course the massacre in Paris. I have nothing to say except "you should have known / I told you so". I find it amazing that the entire civilised world with the topmost technology can be held hostage by a handful of rustic fanatics. But then again the mongols on horseback managed to conquer half the world's advanced civilisations so ... it can happen again. It is not inevitable though, it's simply the lack of political will and the idiotic of being "politically correct" that has led to the unbridled rise of extremism. Now "politically correct" will be the death of Europe. And I won't be signing your condolence book ... because "you shouldIt used to be so peaceful like this have know / I told you so".
