 |
Amazing connecting corridor between 2 buildings at St. Joseph's Hospital |
Was at the pulmonologist yesterday for more tests. My lungs are working only 64% maximum. And an X-ray showed that my sinus is infected ... my old problem that I had previous to my nose operation. Apparently the infected fluids flow into my lungs, causing the asthma especially at night and also resulting in my pneumonia. Now I'm on lots of medication: back on prednisone which I dislike ... and 7 other tablets. Then I have to use the nebuliser 4 times a day. Some medication must be taken for one month. I don't think I have the patience.
 |
| Entrance to the Emergency Ward |
St. Joseph's Hospital, where I had gone for Emergency service and tests, was a rundown building; cracks, cockroaches, dark corridors stacked with abandoned equipment ... it's like entering the Walled City of Kowloon. The saying in Jerusalem is: you go in alive, you come out dead. Now the hospital has got a multi-million dollar renovation. Unbelievable. In structure and setup, it's comparable now to any metropolitan hospital. Clean, bright, quiet, no one smoking indoors. The reception service is also very good now: polite and informative. Finance department was also very prompt and professional. Now it leaves to see if the medical service is on par with world standards. Letting my blood sample coagulate before it got to the lab was not very promising. But X-ray department was prompt. The doc who saw me at Emergency was polite and kept apologising for the pain caused by the injections. Let's hope the hospitals reputation changes for the better.