![]() |
| Wet cold morning. View of the Mt. of Olives from Via Dolorosa |
I heard gunshots as I left the house at about 4.30pm. Other security friends nearby immediately told me about the attack. I was shocked. A. is such a quiet, small guy ... I never imagined him to be so quick in reflexes and fired the first shot. I'm glad he wasn't hurt. But I was really shook up. Those guys risk their lives everyday. I treasure each time I meet them. They're really good buddies.
The skies continue to be overcast and very humid. The rained very heavily last night but daytime was only drizzly. And it's very cold. It seems to reflect the tragic, hopeless situation that we find ourselves these days.
These past 2 days I've been working 18 hours flat. It's exhausting. Each evening I visit 2 or 3 groups of chinese pilgrims in their hostel, giving them talks. This makes me cover some 5 km on foot. This evening I was at Mamilla with one Singapore group; then walked 2km to Ritz hotel to meet another group; then 3 km up in the Mt. of Olives for the 3rd. That was too far and dangerous by foot so I had to hire a car to bring me to and from the St. Vincent de Paul convent where the group is living. It's also good to meet the pilgrims and share the Good News with them. But it's really tiring too. Hope I have energy tomorrow to accompany a group for the Way of the Cross. Same thing for another group on Thursday.
