The rains came! In fact it flooded Jerusalem in some areas ... the news showed a huge dumpster floating away in the torrent. I was caught in the rain a couple of times today as I had to run from one place to another. I think I caught a cold now.
 |
Sinple dinner cooked by the MC sisters |
It's been a tiring day. 8am setting up the exhibition, opening the library; 10am meeting with architects; 11am meeting with a chinese professor; 12pm lunch with a good friend; 2pm class; 5pm conference, confessions and adoration with the MC sisters. Am so exhausted I had to cancel meeting a pilgrim group at 7pm. And the rain kept coming. The consolation was a warm simple but delicious meal cooked by the MC sisters (Mother Teresa) after the adoration: plain rice with curry veggies. Made my tummy feel good in this cold wet weather.
The exhibition closed today. It was a success ... but it was really tiring. We had lots of visitors: from professors and students, Israeli sand arabs, ambassadors and Consuls, UN personnel, church dignitaries from various denominations ... one of the last visitors requested the exhibition be organised at the Italian embassy in Tel Aviv. now that is a success.
 |
| Sandstorm in Tsahal Square |
One very shocking news today was the Supreme Court, after having ruled to demolish an illegal synagogue built by settlers in Palestinian land, backed out of its ruling after settlers vandalised the Supreme Court walls with graffiti. It's surprising how justice can be threatened and stopped by settler threats.
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.684119
And the rains must have flooded a crocodile farm near the Jordan River ... because farmers found crocodiles in their fields today!
The sandstorm ended with the rains but it was bad when it lasted. My asthma was really bad: choking and suffocating every minute.