 |
| Roses and Calla lilies in my garden |
The weekend has come upon us ... all in a hurry. April is gone and we're already into the 2nd week of May. Time flies. Looks like summer is ready here to stay. The daytime is very hot ... but the nights still get a little chilly. Flowers that had been stifled by the 2 snowstorms and now blooming in a rush. `unfortunately the heat is scorching them as soon as they open.
Today I'm feeling better as the asthma attack was under control. Had only 2 attacks all day ... but the nights continue to be a horror. I'm practically using one Ventolin inhaler every 2 days. Right now I've used more than a dozen ... my dustbin is filled with empty inhalers. This cortisone treatment is making me sick ... swollen fingers and feet, nausea, giddiness, lost of appetite. But it does help a little in getting me to breathe. Just can't win with this.
.jpg) |
| 4 canary nestlings |
The canaries and finches are breeding like crazy in this heat. 3 pairs of canaries are brooding ... one already has 4 nestlings. Looks promising this year though a 4th pair was a failure. The female laid 2 fertilised eggs but she threw out all the nesting material from the nest, leaving the eggs on the metal nesting frame. I removed the eggs and placed them in another of the nesting pair's nest whose female happily accepted them. The finches on the other hand have 9 new babies in total; all have left the nests and can fly.
Last night the PM managed to gather a last minute coalition govt. before the dateline. However it's pretty fragile ... and a little worrying for some as it's made up of ultra-orthodox and far-right parties. Newspapers are talking about racists legislations and other stuff that sound very scary. I think it's best to wait and let time unfold.