Monday, May 25, 2015

Sunflowers

The heatwave is back ... so hot today 2 baby finches died from the heat. Terrible. I must provide a lot of water for them. Miss Bird is also getting very grouchy in this heat. She bites everyone that comes close and she refuses to come out of her cage.

I wonder how this heat is going to affect the political situation here. Usually when it gets so hot, violence is kept at bay ... it's too hot to even go out and cause trouble. In 2 weeks Ramadan will begin. With the heat and fast, I doubt any trouble will brew.

Beautiful sunflowers: a
gift from a friend
I think the only thing that's enjoying this heatwave are the sunflowers. The fields in the Sharon plain near the airport are simply gorgeous with thousands of sunflowers blooming. It's a lovely sight. A friend visiting me from Tel Aviv brought me some. They certainly brighten up the indoors.

My change in medication is proving to be good. The asthma is mostly under control these 2 days. And I've avoided eating/drinking flour products and sugary foods/drinks in the evenings - it really cuts down on the asthma attacks in the night. No more Coca Cola. Just water. No coffee either. I've been drinking lemon-honey every morning for 2 months now. Don't know if this helps though. For dinner I eat one apple. I usually eat a brunch, but sometimes if there are guests, I might have to accompany them for lunch. Not eating till a full stomach is also a good asthma prevention ... at least for me. And all my food has to be fresh, at least without preservatives. My allergy to chemical preservatives is severe. I haven't gotten round to seeing the allergy specialist yet. Have been too busy at work. But within this week definitely I'll go.