Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st Day of school

Public schools have started here in our land. Parents accompanying their children for primary 1 classes; noise everywhere. Streets packed with cars and people. No fun.

Yesterday night was pure horror. Thanks to a bite of chocolate (no sugar type for diabetics), my crown came off the implant. It hurt. I had to go look for a reliable dentist this morning. The family doc referred to a french jewish dentist in Emek Refaim which is quite far away. The dentist was very nice and charged me only 100 shekels. We spent about 25 minutes as he washed the wound and implant, then forced the crown back into place. He asked if I wanted anesthesia but I said no. The pain was horrendous. He pushed it in to see if it fitted; then put glue, then pushed it back. Then I had to bite on a cotton three times to make sure it stayed in place. Had an x-ray taken. But the pain ..... the dentist kept saying "I'm sorry but I must make sure it's tightly fitted in place". Grit my teeth! The gums had slightly shrunk since last night so pushing the crown back meant peeling the gums back and getting some of the flesh jammed in the crown. The dentist had to slowly pull back the gums; which was pretty painful. Believe me, I thought about all of you and offered the suffering for you.

After that I walked home 4 kms ... had to save my last 50 shekels just in case for emergency. Well I actually enjoyed the walk - it's a new area for me. But the sun was quite hot despite a lovely breeze. Nadia our cook made mashed potatoes and 4 eggs for my lunch. I could swallow them otherwise I'd have died of hunger. Then sisters gave me ice-cream after lunch. That was nice.