The rains have returned. Last night it started at about 9pm. The sky was red and there were distant thunder. It counts for nothing more than a usual shower for you guys but for us, it's a storm ... let's see what damage it'll do.
OK, so previous night during dinner at Terra Santa College, some guys commented that I've put on so much weight in one week because i wasn't like that last week. So they figured, was I bloated? In fact some guys at my place already told me that. That got me thinking. If you go back on my blogs, you'll notice that I bloat (swollen feet as well) about once every three weeks. I've noted that yesterday when they talked about it to me. I wonder why that is? It's very uncomfortable and I lose my appetite. Two days back someone here even called me a whale.
So in my bloated/swollen state, I feel very ill and cannot move much. So yesterday morning I didn't clean my room. Did some reading and tried to watch my usual Sunday Christian movie. There wasn't anything good; just a rerun so I watched instead "The history of Singapore" by Discovery Channel. Absolutely fascinating - Raffles, the turn of the century, the war ... so many interesting facts. And what clicked was the part when Singapore was thrown out of Malaysia, and the first aid offered to start up the independent state came from Israel. So that's the Singapore-Israel connection.
Guess I'll go back to do some reading. Not going out in the rain, that's for sure.