It's been another very hot day ... and night. Hardly anyone could sleep well. And the muezzin last night gave a extra long chant on the minaret that woke everyone. Fireworks go on till midnight every night ... weddings. I think it's because Ramadan is coming soon and people need to marry before the fasting begins.
My ankle is in wraps most of the time now - it's constantly swollen and painful. Am using the ankle-guards and am trying my best not to walk too much. Mind you, I must have lost quite some weight because all my pants are alot more loose; and the dean who just got back from Italy yesterday asked if I was sick because he noticed the weight I lost.
Did some work and reading ... not easy with the heat and sweat ... and headache.
Anyway if you noticed the Mass readings, it's moving into the Book of Numbers with the story of the wanderings in the desert ... and all the complains about food. Funny but I would have thought they'd complain about the heat, like me here. So they want cucumbers, melons, onions and leeks .... in short they preferred food to freedom. Isn't it so typical of people today - to have the temporary luxury instead of longterm advantage? Cucumbers, onions, melons and leeks cannot substitute eternal life.