Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The threat of war is looming over us - there's tension with Lebanon (arrest of Israeli spies; call to bump off Nasrallah etc...) and there's talk of a pre-emptive strike on Iran before it completes its nuclear plans. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1088065.html And next week there'll be a nationwide exercise on war evacuation and safety. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1243257906474&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Can't say its fun living here at the moment.

Yesterday I was a total wreck - didn't sleep for over 24 hours. Fr Paul Sun the chinese priest whom many of you sponsored, was leaving in the evening so the whole of Sunday I was with him, trying to tie up the loose ends and get things done. We celebrated Sunday Mass on Mt Calvary at 4.30am then went back to my monastery for breakfast, cleaned up the birdcages, then went off to the New City to buy necessities. Got back at 11.30am to do a little cleaning up of my room while Fr Paul went back to his hostel in Betphage on the Mt of Olives. Had lunch at home - it's getting pretty quiet as exams are on and next week begins summer holidays - many people have already left for their vacation. Did some work after lunch and then had an early dinner and left with Fr Paul for the airport at 8pm. Got home at 2am after sending him off - cool, dark, silent streets at that time of the morning. I was flat tired but - no sleep - becauseI had VC lessons at 4am. Then after that, went straight for mass at 6am, cleaned out the birdcages at 7am, had to go to St Saviour's monastery at 9am, etc..... I only got to sleep at 5pm. So totalling that up, it was over 36 hours without sleep of rest. Total wreck. Anyway I'm up at 1am and doing some work on my computer to catch up with the lost days.