Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fight

Yesterday was another hot day. And there was a gang fight in fonrt of our monastery at about 6pm. I was working at my computer when I heard lots of shouting. It got louder and so I went out to the terrace to see what was happening on the street below. Well, lots of other fathers were already out there peering down at the action. We all thought it was another arab attack on a jew - the tussle and shouting was now away from us down near the 3rd Station of the Cross. We all went back to our rooms when things appeared settled.



Then not more than 5 minutes later, it started again. This time I was the only one who went out to see. There was this huge group of arab youths, must have been 30 or so chasing a young guy who was shouting curses. He ran down our street towards our backdoor and some of the other guys caught up with him, pushed him to the ground and beat him. Others came up and headlocked him. They dragged him to the mosque next to our school - a very small one - and almost all the other guys went in as well except for 3 guys who stood watch at the door. Don't know what happened to him. I hope they just wanted to talk some sense into him. Anyway it was an internal thing - between 2 groups, we guess.

So you think it's fun living in my area?