Studied the whole day yesterday - way after midnight as well. Only got 4 hours sleep. Which is just as well since it kept the asthma at bay.
3 baby canaries were born from the Red Factor pair. Let's hope the other pairs' eggs will also hatch soon. Everyone here is very excited and happy about it. Though they complain sometimes about the birds, the friars here actually love them - if they don't have to clean the cages and feed them, that is! Anyway with the fledglings out, that means extra feeding of eggs. I have to buy the eggs myself, boil them and feed the parent birds so they can in turn feed the fledglings.
This week is my turn to be hebdomedarius. (remember that word? it's latinised greek for "week" and is taken to mean the priest in charge of the liturgy for the week). I have Fr Lino and Fr Daniel to help out as well. Don't know what we'll arrange this week - maybe sing some hymns for Mass and vespers - usual thingy.
This weekend Sr Veronica has gone to the north (Galilee) so Sr Vicenta is left alone to cook in the kitchen, watch the 2 chapels for Masses, prayers etc.... water the 3 gardens ..... I could see she couldn't handle it from the 2nd hour. So despite my asthma and aching ankle, I helped out. Like I also help out the rest of today and last night - doing all the washing of plates, sweeping the courtyard, basic cooking etc..... Now I'm even more exhausted than ever. I need a weekend from this weekend!
I managed to grab an hour and a half to get out to the New City after Mass ended at 9am. Had to rush off to buy more canary things. Had to pass by MacDonald's as usual, where the birdshop is just right at the corner. Today I decided to do the unthinkable - get myself a Big Mac. How about that? 18 years passing by MacDonald's and I never batted an eyelid to the burger. But today I decided I wanted to do something different. Boy, the Big Mac is expensive - like 20 shekels or HK$80. But it's once in a lifetime so ..... and by the way, it's not like the Big Mac in other countries. This is Israel - we have kosher Big Macs I guess. Duuuuuuhhhh
ok even if it's Sunday, it's back to studies. Today being Good Shepherd Sunday - let's pray that we be good sheep.