Sunday, May 17, 2009

anti-Christ

The canary babies are down to 5 as all others have died. Poor parenting. But worse, I found out there were millions of mites. They even crawl up and hands and all over my body but because they're so small I usually don't see them till it's too late. So yesterday was exterminator day - removed the babies from their nests (throw the nests away); washed all the cages, and gave the parents a bath (actually 3 times); then swapped the babies with mild soap water. Now they're alot happier and friskier (???) chirping alot and bouncing on their nests. Well you would too if thousands of mites sucking your blood were removed.

Yesterday afternoon I decided to go to the Holy Sepulchre for the daily procession. Wanted to pray there for all you guys, as the pope said to us during his visit to the Tomb. It is always so good to be back at the Sepulchre. Then I went to Rossini's for dinner with Osvalda our librarian. They served a lovely appetiser "free of charge"; and for dessert I indulged in a chocolate souffle with vanilla ice-cream - like wow! that was soooooo good it'll last me the entire month!

And the weather has changed to typical summer winds - the hamsin which is hot, dry and sometimes suffocating.

Meanwhile Israel has always defended its occupation of Palestinian land and settling Israelis there as part of "natural growth" - ie the growing Israeli population need more space to live in. Now HaAretz (newspaper) reports that it's not true because 1/3 of settlers are not from the country but immigrants. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1086050.html

And now it's anti-semitism when Israeli leftists attack the Jewish Orthodox (right) - interesting phrase used "It makes no difference whether the racist is an Arab-hating Kahanist or a Haredim-hating leftist: He is still a racist." http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1085474.html
I wonder if this extends to those Israelis who spit and abuse Christians. I was spat on this morning at 5.20am when I was walking up to the Holy Sepulchre. No one else was on the road till round a side street came an Israeli with his bodyguard who promptly spat twice. And read this article on the Jerusalem Post on the widespread anti-Catholicism in Israel: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1242212379456&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull quote ""In the long exile, there was a genuine fear among Jews, born out of past demonizing of the Jews by the Church. In response, many Jews have demonized the Church and developed widespread conspiracy theories. We have brought with us from the exile these prejudices, and they have remained despite over 60 years of political independence. We had the opportunity to cleanse ourselves of them. Instead, the state of Israel, in agreeing to host the pope in an honorable, respectable fashion, is perceived by many Israelis as playing the duped collaborator." "

There's a word for Christian-hating people in the Bible - it's "anti-Christ". I met an anti-Christ this morning while going to the Tomb of Christ.