Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine flu

Swine flu is suspected here in Israel with one man from the Netanya city being quarantined and careully checked to confirm if it is, or not. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1239710785388&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

I wonder how Israel will cope with this as I doubt people will want to wear masks in the streets - it's this defiant attitude in life here that'll be the downfall of any preventive measure of a public contagion.

My asthma is certainly not good - yesterday was one of the worst I've ever had. And I've got this cramp in my stomach that makes coughing painful. Will see the doc this morning. I think I'll have to use prednesone, much as I dislike to.

The weather is still unstable, with a fiery sun up by 4.30am but a very cold wind still blowing. This will not help the flu situation.

OK, it's back to work again. Must try to finish my paper by this week.