So Israel as reported it's first case of swine flu. I wonder what will happen to those people coming from affected countries who want to join in the Pope's visit to Israel. Will they be barred? And "pig" is offensive to Jews and Muslims, so the Israeli Deputy Health Minister suggested calling it "Mexico Flu". A diplomatic row is now broiling between the 2 countries!
Today is Remembrance Day - Israelis remember those who fell during the war and violence. The siren sounded last night at 8pm and again this morning at 11am. Everyone stopped for a minute's silence. I was in Terra Santa College and when I left for home at 3.45pm I saw many people and cars draped with the israeli flag. There was a handicap lady on a mobile tricycle with an israeli flag tied behind. As I was about to cross the road, I heard a bang and we (several israeli school girls were also at the red lights) turn and saw the tricycle toppled over the lady on the road. We rushed over. Several motorists also stopped to help. We got the tricycle upright and a couple of strong guys carried the lady back on it. She was ok but thank goodness it was a red light otherwise the crazy traffic would have run her over.
Walked the rest of the way home. I'm still ravaged with this aweful asthma, red sore eyes and running nose - not swine flu I hope .... it's more like hay fever. Too much pollen and dust. Don't feel good at all. Am contemplating taking prednesolene. It's my last drastic step to stop this asthma.