Just when I'm crawling out of my sluggish hibernation from that incredible tiredness (Fr Giorgio caught me in the library and said I still haven't slept enough), I went through the BBC news and caught this article on Susan Boyle http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7999727.stm .... visited the Youtube posting and WOW!!! Like man! WOW!!!
And I thought Paul Potts was a whammer ... here is the country girl Susan Boyle!!! Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY
Like most of the comments posted say - don't judge a book by its cover! She is fantastic! Go for it, girl! You could see Piers had a lump in his throat, and Amanda was going to cry. It said it all - everyone was a hypocrite who prejudged her before she sang.
But even greater that Susan was that priceless smile of Simon - you didn't even see him smile at the Paul Potts audition till the end, but here you see him raise his eyebrows in the first few seconds, and then that smile throughout the song. He was impressed. Someone finally made nasty Simon smile .... Catch him at 4.04 when Susan catches his eyes and he breaks out in a grin. For that few seconds you could see her eyes saying "You didn't think I can do it, did you?"
Susan is amazing! She proves that each and everyone of you has something great hidden and all it takes is a lucky break. You are better than you think you are. God created you for greater things. So go for it, people! Susan is proof of it!