Sunday, November 2, 2008

Today

All Souls' Day. Left for the Holy Sepulchre (Christ's Tomb) at 4.30am (Msgr Benedetto Rossi, who was here as part of the commission for Cesare's defense, left earlier at 4am). Celebrated Mass on Mt. Calvary at 5am - it was very quiet, no one around except an American pilgrim and Sr. Paracleta. Remembered all the souls on that spot where Christ was stripped off his garments, nailed to the Cross, died and was laid in the arms of his mother - everyone from family to relatives to friends and benefactors.

After that I went to the Crusader Chapel to celebrate the 2nd Mass. On All Souls' Day we can celebrate 3 Masses. I think some of us students will celebrate the 3rd Mass later in the afternoon today.

Last night as I was massaging my hurting left knee I realised that both my ankles had red spots all over - like blood vessels had burst just beneath the skin. It was alot! - and all the way up to the knees now. Getting scary. Small blotches everywhere. Any reason for that, you docs out there? Anyway the knee still hurts so I'm not going out for a walk - much as I want to on this sunny Sunday (still cold though). The forecast is rain this evening or tomorrow.

Must get back to work now.