Yesterday was a pretty rushed day. I had a VC bible sharing at 7.30am but 8am I had classes here so had to rush off. Finished at 11am and did some work on my paper then went off for a short lunch - because I had another vc lesson at 1.30pm. Had to leave halfway through lunch but that wasn't a good idea because our General Secretary for Formation from Rome was here for lunch and he had wanted to see me.
Since at 6pm he was giving a talk at St. Saviour's monastery, I thought I'd better go and see him. Went for the talk which was really good, and after that I had the chance to chat with him. He remembered his visit to our Bible Centre in February 2007 and the Wednesday evening class there, with all you guys present (meaning of course the regulars of our Wed. night lesson).
I decided to sleep early after that. Was simply too rushed for an old man like me.
Today I decided to take a day off - been having a bad headache for 2 days now. Took a slow walk out to the New City this morning at 9am and went way up beyond Ben Yehuda (the pedastrian Mall whre everything happens) to the petshop called "Jungle". Bought some seeds for the canaries, then went to the next petshop (the regular one that I go) to see the fish and birds and bunnies - that's my only chance to get near to pets now.
Next door was a non-kosher shop (wow .... there're only 2 of these in this area) and I found frozen wonton and xiao long bao (packed by chinese living here I think). Bought a pack (12 in a pack) each and steamed them for lunch since I had VC lessons right at lunchtime so I couldn't join the community meal. The xiao long bao was hideous - the skin was nice and transparent like har gow but inside was just dough and a little mashed shrimp which you can't even see but taste). The wonton was much better, with prawns, mushrooms, carrots(!). And it cost HK$40 for a dozen xiao long bao. Aiya..... anyway it was an experience.
Tomorrow is back to work. Just a thought on today's gospel reading - the famous Luke chapter 15 with the 3 parables. Today we read the 1st two: the lost sheep and the lost coin. The emphasis seems to be on the finding of what was lost and the rejoicing that accompanies it. Well I'd like to think for a moment what it feels to be the lost sheep and lost coin; and then to be found again. I think it's great to know there's someone out there who cares enough for me, to come searching for me. Do you feel someone out there cares enough like that for you?