Yesterday was quite uneventful. I went off to St. Saviour's monastery to have my visa renewed but didn't have enough money to pay for it. Luckily there was someone there who helped me out, otherwise I would have had to go back - the walk up the hill is quite a task for me, not just because of left leg but also because I've been having bad asthma attacks these 2 days. Couldn't sleep the last 2 nights with the wheezing and coughing.
Anyway as things might have it, I met the Custos in the corridor while waiting to hand in my passport. He told me to meet him after a meeting with another father. So I waited - and then it was my turn. We had a good chat - he made me laugh alot yesterday - really funny. Oh well we also had a few serious issues to discuss but he was funny yesterday; alot more relaxed than in previous visits.
By the time I got back to the Flagellation, it was lunch. Ate a little as I have no appetite, with the pain in my lungs and all. (Haven't been down at the courtyard lately so the porter hadn't seen me for a week or so; when he saw me yesterday morning going to St Saviour's, he looked surprised and with hand gestures and arabic said "What happened to you? You became so thin. Are you sick?" ) And I couldn't study, just did half a sentence of analysis but I was too tired to focus. So I slept right through till this morning - well I actually took a sleeping pill for that. It took about half an hour to have effect, and I woke up 6 hours later.... And the ankle still hurts.
But this morning I was determined to get back to work so I locked my door, wore pyjamas and locked my clothes in the cupboard - that way I'll never leave the room. It works. Managed to get some work done this morning. Now I'll get back to the rest of the page.